Welcome to Its my life....


Monday, June 29, 2009

Idea to curb traffic congestion

Friends, the Hindustan Construction Company is building the Bandra- Worli Sea link in Mumbai. The model of the construction is shown as in the picture below:


Source of the picture courtesy The Hindu


This eight-lane 5.6-km link is India’s first bridge to be constructed in open sea conditions with a 4.7 km, twin 4 lane independent carriageway to reduce the congestion created by traffic in the Mumbai city. This bridge will be opened on June 30, 2009. This is first phase of the Western Freeway Sea link.


Source of the picture courtesy The Hindu

My question to you all is that does this bridge construction is solution to reduce the traffic in metros. Ok, some traffic will be diversified and congestion will be reduced but don’t you think that traffic must be reduced than adoption these ideas. Leave your suggestions and views friends. That's all for now will come with more..




Signing off with love,
Madhu Vamsi

8 comments:

Chhaya said...

BV sea-link is gonna create hell of a traffic bottleneck near the Taj Land's End ..

what was the use of terminating the link at bandra?? I should have gone further..

waste of money .. its gonna be another traffic headache.

Chhaya said...

btw.. waiting for ur comment @ my place :)

Its my life said...

@Chhaya: It is waste of money and another headache. you have told very rightly. Government waste money on some stupid projects in my view..

Anonymous said...

no comment from my side ..

IdleMind said...

Hmm, seems Mumbaikars do not quite like the idea. Well, this is the second of the lot - so called 'cable stayed' bridge over the water ... the first one is in my city. But I guess there's hope, at least one more way to join the habitats ... and a hope that commute will be easier. What say?

Zero said...

Thanks for the interesting info. The sea link has been built after careful study and lets hope it meets the intended expectations. No point in jumping on conclusion before hand. Best regards.

Its my life said...

@idlemind: Yeah you are absolutely right and agree with you.. :)

Its my life said...

@Zero: government is not restricting the traffic by not allowing new vehciles on road. Tell me how many roads will reduce the traffic in mumbai.. The design of bridge might be cool but day by day vehciles are continuesly rising in number. So, what is the best solution is this bridge or something else..it is matter to think...



Its my life

↑ Grab this Headline Animator